Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS676049
Are you a caring and motivated education assistant who is keen to work as part of team committed and dedicated to helping young minds achieve their full potential?
Darlington Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants - Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
At Darlington PS, our staff are experienced and dedicated with a collaborative and focused approach on student improvement through the use of evidence-based, reflective practices and an informed and targeted approach to learning. We work with students identified as at risk through a team approach that involves our school, families and outside agencies, as required.
An Education Assistant – Mainstream, provides support and general assistance to teachers that enable the delivery of high quality, student focused learning programs and implementing individual student or small group programs or demonstrations. They are also responsible for ensuring the learning environment is inclusive and relevant, appropriately resourced and maintained, with the health and safety of students a high priority. In addition to these duties, an Education Assistant – Mainstream ensures that mentoring and pastoral care is provided to students, counsels students on matters affecting their education, particularly those students at risk, in order for those students to have an increased participation rate and the ability to better utilise the education program.
Darlington PS has a long tradition of providing a quality education to students from Kindergarten to Year 6. We enjoy partnerships with other schools in the community, working together to provide academic and sporting opportunities. Students participate in a variety of supplementary programs including interschool sport carnivals, science and spelling competitions, public speaking and arts exhibitions.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Darlington Primary School can be found by visiting www.darlingtonps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Naomi D'Arcy, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9257 4000 or emailing Naomi.D'Arcy@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact Naomi D'Arcy, Manager Corporate Services, on 0419 947 620.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to Commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.