Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP677063
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Dalyellup Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a reflective, motivated and enthusiastic educational leader to the position of Deputy Principal. This position is to complement an existing Deputy Principal’s (0.8FTE) duties and initiatives.
Our school is staffed by experienced teachers, administration staff and education assistants who are dedicated in their approach to education and to working as a member of a collaborative team in order to meet the needs of every student. At Dalyellup PS, loyalty, teamwork and collegiality are strong features of our school environment and we have a strong focus on Literacy, Numeracy, Instructional Strategies, the Positive Behaviour Support model and, student health and well-being.
Acknowledging that the position is 0.2FTE, the portfolio for the position will include working with teachers on developing a culture of critical and creative thinking through thinking frameworks. The Deputy Principal will also be skilled in Instructional Strategies, and use elements of this methodology to develop thinking frameworks and the integration of these skills across the curriculum. The successful applicant will be familiar and supportive of the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) strategies which are in place at Dalyellup PS.
Dalyellup PS enjoys a good reputation within the Dalyellup community and surrounding areas. Dalyellup PS is located in the Dalyellup Beach estate, 12 kilometres south of Bunbury in the south west of WA. Established in 2001, the school experienced rapid growth as the estate grew. The school currently caters for over 480 students from Kindergarten to Year 6, and is part of the Dalyellup Independent Public Schools Cluster, consisting of Dalyellup Primary School, Tuart Forest Primary School and Dalyellup College.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dalyellup Primary School can be found by visiting www.dalyellupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Alex Cameron, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9796 5600 or emailing Alex.Cameron@education.wa.edu.au.
For any inquiries concerning this vacancy during the holiday period, please contact Alex Cameron on 0407 952 995.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.