Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE672480
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term ASAP
The ICT Architecture and Systems Analysis Branch is looking for an Enterprise Architect to advance ICT architecture maturity, through the building of enterprise architecture artefacts, to guide the delivery of solution architecture within the solution development lifecycle.
The ICT Architecture and Systems Analysis branch has three service streams - Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture and Business Systems Analysis. The branch builds, maintains and applies a holistic view of the Department’s information technology strategy, processes, information security and ICT architecture in information systems and technology. This ensures all digital initiatives to align with and responsive to the mission, strategy and processes of the Department.
The Enterprise Architect will:
- Contribute to digital innovations with rational ICT architecture diligence
- Develop and maintain enterprise architecture repository
- Research and produce technology neutral enterprise architecture direction papers
- Manage the ICT architecture review and advisory process
- Provide Enterprise architecture influence on digital initiatives for strategic alignment
We are seeking an individual with experience across multiple ICT areas. Proficient in the development and management of enterprise architecture repository to meet current and future business requirements such as architecture to include technology, governance and methodology elements. Knowledgeable in reviewing, publishing and communicating agreed enterprise and solution architecture. Ability to research and analyse, in consultation with identified stakeholders, to develop and implement appropriate policies, frameworks, practices and standards for architecture and related services.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well-developed leadership and planning skills, with the ability to manage and respond effectively to business priorities.
- Substantial knowledge of and experience in providing strategic information technology consulting services within a large corporate or government environment.
- High-level knowledge and substantial experience to influence the development of ICT strategy, standards, practices and innovation.
- High-level knowledge and substantial experience related to technology and systems development and architecture in a complex enterprise computing environment.
- High-level knowledge and substantial experience in the identification, assessment and management of ICT security and risk factors and technology architecture relevant to the Department’s business.
- Comprehensive understanding of the interaction of all technical components in complex business and technical systems with the ability to translate understanding into design, operational and governance recommendations.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and evaluation skills with the ability to provide high-level advice on complex issues, solve complex problems and implement business improvements.
- Highly developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships to achieve a strong customer focus in the delivery of outputs.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Michael Cheung, Manager ICT Architecture and Systems Analysis by telephoning (08) 9264 5758 or emailing Michael.Cheung@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to four (4) pages addressing all of the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a tertiary qualification in an information technology/management or related discipline or equivalent extensive experience
- hold one or more recognised qualifications in Information Architecture, Security and/or Change Management or equivalent extensive experience
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED