Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS677160
Can you make our school sparkle?
Esperance Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
As a Cleaner you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Esperance PS is a distinctive school located 740km south-east of Perth on the picturesque south east coast of WA. Although Esperance Primary School commenced in 1894, a full replacement of the school buildings and grounds began in 2011. Students and staff commenced learning and teaching in the contemporary buildings mid-2013, with all other facilities and grounds completed in 2014.
Esperance PS is held in high regard by the local and wider community due to its achievements in student learning, quality teaching by the caring and professional staff and the shared beliefs with active and supportive families.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Esperance Primary School please visit www.esperanceps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Sharyn Dunn, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Esperance, by telephoning (08) 9076 3600 or emailing Sharyn.Dunn@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement.
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable.
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 April 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.