Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS676689
Are you the one who can make our school shine?
Denmark Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
Denmark is a small town and boasts being near both the forests and the sea. The beauty of the town has a positive impact on the school. The school itself is fortunate to be on a 6-hectare site with three ovals and lush green gardens that surround the main school buildings.
Suitable applicants will be able to carry out internal cleaning duties including; toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. Training will be given in the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces. In addition to this, you may also be required to carry out some external cleaning duties. The position may also involve a condensed vacation clean. Applicants who take pride in their work as they strive to keep the school environment clean and safe in accordance with Department procedures are strongly encouraged to apply.
Denmark PS is situated at the heart of the town of Denmark and we educate approximately 450 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. All our staff to work as part of a team to offer our students the best education possible.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Denmark Primary School please visit www.dps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Helen Spencer, Deputy Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Denmark, by telephoning (08) 98484700 or emailing Helen.Spencer@education.wa.edu.au.
For inquiries about this vacancy during the holiday period please contact Helen Spencer on 0436 654 599.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page addressing selection criteria three (3) only, by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to your:
- ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday 23 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.