Please note as of Tuesday the 13th of April at 10:15am, the closing date for this advert was extended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS676289
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Wandina Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated Education Assistant - Special Needs - Lead) (EASNL) to join their friendly team.
Please note that a job share agreement may be considered for this position.
The role of the EASNL is to lead, mentor, coach and model good practice for other Education Assistants. You will assist in planning and delivering the worksite induction and training of other Education Assistants. In consultation with teachers, parents/caregivers and School Psychologist or relevant professionals, contributes to the design and implementation of behaviour management plans and other documented plans and to provide solutions and support to the teacher which promote positive student behaviour and achieve education outcomes in the classroom. In addition, you will consult with other Education Assistants to develop strategies to assist teachers in providing care and relevant educational programs for students.
Wandina PS is an Independent Public School located in the Midwest Region that caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. As a regional school, we deliver an inclusive, diverse and exciting range of programs that deliver the best possible education for children in Geraldton.
Our staff are a highly motivated and professional team. They have formed a tight collegiate group which collaborates well and responds effectively to the needs of the children and community.
Wandina PS opened in 2014 in the suburb of Wandina in Geraldton, 432 kms north of Perth. The school currently has approximately 450 students enrolled in Kindergarten to Year 6.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the delivery of education programs and/or behaviour management plans; and ability to identify problems and assist teachers and other Education Assistants in the development of strategies and solutions.
- Well-developed oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, mentor, coach, induct and train other Education Assistants and professional teams, including providing advice and evaluating education programs.
- Well-developed written communication skills, including report writing, and the ability to coordinate, collect and present student data at a whole school community level in a meaningful way.
- Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to coordinate staff rosters and relief to assist in the delivery of effective education programs.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wandina Primary School can be found by visiting wandinaprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Anita Fitzsimons, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wandina, by telephoning (08) 9968 1150 or emailing Anita.Fitzsimons@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Di Miller, Principal on 0408 904 290
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A one to two (1-2) page CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.