Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS674114
Lynwood Senior High School (SHS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
The Network Support Officer has the role of maintaining networked information technology resources effectively and efficiently in order to maximise educational and administrative outcomes within the Department of Education’s asset management and security regulatory framework. Suitable applicants will provide technical support and training to all users throughout the school including desktop and software application and access to systems and resources. Suitable applicants will provide input on system enhancements and implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate information technology resources.
Lynwood SHS is an Independent Public School that caters for students in Years 7 - 12. We have a reputation for our outstanding approach to the care of every student, together with a commitment to their academic success across all our programs in the school.
We celebrate many successes, including the 2018 winner of the WA Education Awards for Secondary School of the Year. One of our key focuses is the mentoring of our students, combined with a unique pastoral care program based on positive psychology, supporting each student to achieve their potential. The Everyday Leader Program offers social and emotional learning from Years 7 to 12, assisting students to develop an empowering, unshakeable belief about their own self-worth and personal value. Students are supported to find personal success through learning, and develop the skills required to confidently pursue their path beyond school.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge of network systems and platforms relevant to the operating environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills relevant to the operational maintenance of Information Technology networks.
- Organisational skills, including the ability to plan and implement data security procedures.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Practical experience in developing and implementing user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lynwood Senior High School can be found by visiting www.lynwood.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Jonathan Stanley, Manager Technology & Communication, by telephoning 0484 256 050 or emailing Jonathan.email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 22 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.