Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH676922
Are you an innovative teacher, looking to make a difference in outcomes for students in regional and remote Western Australia?
Are you excited to be part of the evolution of distance education in Western Australia?
The School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) is seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic, innovative and suitably qualified teachers for appointments to full-time and part-time, fixed term or permanent vacancies within the Mathematics Learning Area which may arise during the 2021 school year. Placements can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school.
We are looking for dynamic operators who will bring classroom energy into our online environment, inspiring and engaging our students around Western Australia and beyond. If you are excited about sharing your passion for Mathematics, working collaboratively in a team environment and immersing yourself in the online teaching and learning space, this could be a role for you!
The Mathematics Learning Area at SIDE successfully delivers a comprehensive range of courses including Year 7-10 programs, and Year 11 and 12 Foundation, General and ATAR Mathematics courses. Qualifications and experience in teaching Year 11 and 12 Mathematics Methods and Mathematics Specialist ATAR courses are highly desirable.
It will be highly desirable to have experience or knowledge in the following areas:
- excellent pedagogy and classroom practice and a desire to contribute to improving outcomes for students in regional and remote Western Australia
- knowledge of multiplicative reasoning and the ability to adopt relational thinking into regular classroom practice
- a deep understanding of curriculum and assessment standards at both lower and senior secondary levels
- ability to use data to review and adjust teaching and assessment programs in order to support student outcomes
- strong communication skills and a desire to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment
- a desire to learn or build on your capacity to deliver online lessons.
SIDE is a recognised leader in distance education in Australia and models best practice in the use of both synchronous (Webex) and asynchronous (Moodle) platforms of instruction. Our practice is both contemporary and constantly evolving, making SIDE an exciting and dynamic place to work.
SIDE has a critical role within the Western Australian education system, supporting system needs and priorities. As a teacher with SIDE, you will have the opportunity to reach out and make a difference to students throughout Western Australia, delivering high-quality distance education programs to suit the varying contexts and needs of our students. Our regional visit travel program also allows teachers to meet and work face-to-face with students in all corners of the state.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about School of Isolated and Distance Education can be found by visiting side.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information:
Please contact Justine Daly, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9311 1356 emailing Justine.Daly@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.