Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS673146
Please note that as at 11:20 on Friday, 26 March 2021, the closing date for this advertisement has been updated as per below
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Do you want to make a positive difference in your local community?
Darkan Primary School PS is seeking an enthusiastic and organised Gardener-Handyperson to join their energetic team.
The successful applicant will be required to attend to the maintenance of garden beds, shrubs, trees and turf areas. They will be required to operate and carry out maintenance on school facilities including equipment, tools and machinery. They will also be expected to monitor and maintain the reticulation systems and the formal and informal sports grounds.
Darkan Primary School has been providing quality education to the children of our community since 1908. We were proud to be recognised as an Independent Public School in 2014, offering a comprehensive and personalised education to your child now and into the future.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Darkan Primary School please visit www.darkanps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Leigh Studsor, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Darkan, by telephoning (08) 9736 1299 or emailing Leigh.Studsor@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include one (1) work related referee, one being your current Line Manager; and
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in relation to:
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks; and
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
- Email your completed application form and documents to Leigh.Studsor@education.wa.edu.au before the closing date and time or;
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception at Darkan South Road Darkan 6392 before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021
PROFORMA, AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.