Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS670543
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Woodvale Secondary College (SC) is seeking a dynamic and conscientious Business Support Officer who is adept at following instructions to join their dedicated and friendly team.
Preferably the successful applicant will be able to commence during the Term 1, 2021 school holidays.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to provide the Manager Corporate Services with integral support in a wide range of business operations that require a keen eye for detail including administration, financial and human resource management, facilities hire, building and grounds, NAB FlexiPurchase, Riskcover insurance claims and assets management. The successful applicant will ideally possess a good understanding of the relevant systems and policies required to maintain, monitor, analyse and extract information using RM Finance, RM Asset Manager, RM Billing, Recruitment Advertising Management System (RAMS) and Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS). Sound knowledge and significant experience completing the End of Month, End of Calendar Year and End of Financial Year rollovers and assisting with Workforce Management - recruitment and retention is highly desirable. As directed by the Manager Corporate Services, you will provide effective training to support staff in administrative procedures and protocols.
Key to this role is an ability to work under pressure in a face-paced work environment with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with minimal supervision while effectively prioritising and meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills that promote inclusivity and cohesion in the workplace. A capacity to interact with empathy while simultaneously developing and maintaining positive and professional relationships within our diverse school community is highly desired.
Woodvale SC goal is to pursue excellence based on reflective use of student data, strong community links and whole College focus on teaching and learning. Our College vision and values are reflected in our commitment to working together with our College community to provide an innovative and caring learning environment where each student is given the opportunity to develop academic rigour and to achieve personal excellence.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans.
- Well-developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- Sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Woodvale Secondary College can be found by visiting www.woodvale.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Amy Stevenson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 9309 0808 or emailing Amy.Stevenson@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.