Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS673069
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Wanneroo Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly team.
As the Cleaner you will be responsible for carrying out internal and external cleaning duties which will include window cleaning, dusting and removal of cobwebs. You will communicate with the Cleaner-In-Charge and follow directions to complete other cleaning duties as instructed. The successful applicant will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well with others to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will be organised, reliable and punctual. Work well both individually and as part of a team and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
In 2011 Wanneroo PS was selected to become an Independent Public School (IPS). It has provided the school with the scope for greater autonomy and self-regulation. Importantly it has allowed the school to merit select staff to match the profile of our school and who have the skills and expertise to prepare our students for the 21st century.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wanneroo Primary School please visit www.wanneroops.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Michelle Bloomfield, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9306 0500 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.