Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE672898
This is a thirty-six (36) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension (36 months)
Program Kaartdijin is seeking a highly dedicated and motivated individual for the role of Principal Consultant - Procurement and Contracting.
Program Kaartdijin has been established to develop a functionally fit, technologically robust solution to replace the current School Information System (SIS) and include additional information capture and reportability. The Program focuses on providing short term solutions as well as a longer term solution that meets the operational needs of schools and the reporting and management needs of the Department at large. The Program vision is to provide a contemporary administrative and finance solution connecting people, processes and systems for school communities now and into the future.
The Program has a high composition of contracts to create, support and maintain. This position will focus on ensuring contract deliverables are met, within budget, and maintained on the according to the Program schedule. This role requires the successful applicant to have strong knowledge and experience in the in-depth creation of Tender documents, for all types of Good and Services.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable knowledge of government procurement policies and experience in procurement and contracting, including the development of complex contracts in the context of the public sector contracting framework.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in the management of ICT contracts within a large organisation, and in analysing and reviewing contract performance in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Highly developed written communication skills with experience in preparing complex procurement and technical documents.
- Highly developed oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to negotiate and consult effectively at senior levels in the private and public sectors.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems and issues.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Neil Hunt, Principal Program Director by telephoning (08) 9264 0037 or emailing Neil.Hunt@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED