Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS670927
This is a permanent part-time (0.31FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Parkerville Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly team.
As a cleaner you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of veranda’s and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Parkerville PS is nestled in the hills 30kms east of Perth. The current school building was built in 1962 and consists of an administration block, a library resource centre, an early childhood centre incorporating two Pre-Primary units and one Kindergarten and nine classrooms. There are a number of facilities available to students such as music room, visual arts room, and undercover assembly area, canteen and extensive play area.
The school works in line with the view that every child is valuable and therefore, their academic and future success is the responsibility of the school and the wider community. The staff are professional and committed to delivering programs that are inclusive and based on the needs of its students. We endeavour to achieve our ACE vision: Always our best, Caring for all and Everyone can achieve.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Parkerville Primary School please visit www.parkervilleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Carrie Stuart, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 92522900 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3.00pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 March 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED