Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA659060
This is a permanent, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Program Coordinator of Student Services, who will be responsible for the efficient delivery of student services and for providing outstanding customer service to the school community. At Applecross Senior High School (SHS) we are committed to providing an engaging, creative and challenging curriculum in an inclusive learning community with a strong focus on pastoral care and student achievement. All members of the school community commit to the school values of Personal Best and Mutual Respect.
The successful applicant will be dedicated, innovative and proactive in ensuring that the Student Services team provides students, parents and teachers with outstanding service. The school has a supportive culture where all members are valued and treated with respect. The Program Coordinator is responsible for leading and managing the Student Services team as well as implementing and monitoring processes for managing student welfare, health and mental well-being. A well-developed capacity for risk management, including critical incidents is ideal, as is experience in developing and fostering effective partnerships with external agencies.
As the Program Coordinator, you will initially be responsible for Years 9-10, where you will apply your professional knowledge, experience and understanding to promote teaching, learning and student well-being within the school community and contribute to the school’s strategic direction. In this position you will be strategic, proactive, and at times reactive and hands on. The successful applicant will lead and manage the student services team and associated programs while providing ongoing leadership in the areas of pastoral care, student attendance, behaviour management, monitoring of Students at Educational Risk (SAER), school planning and human, physical and financial resource management for the Student Services team. A highly sophisticated use of data will be desired in this role as Program Coordinator will be required to track academic progress, across the entire curriculum, to ensure that students are achieving to capacity.
With responsibility for two year groups, you will be a leader who is focussed on supporting student success through a positive approach to student health and wellbeing. You will work closely with other Program Coordinators in Student Services and members of the Student Services team to build and maintain a cohesive team. The team is instrumental in building a positive culture for students, staff and parents. Experience and knowledge of effective transition processes between years 10 and 11 along with a comprehensive understanding or current School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) and West Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) requirements for Years 11 and 12 are also highly desirable.
Applecross SHS which is situated 8km south of the city of Perth, embraces a tradition of excellence and maintains a reputation for high academic, sporting and cultural achievements for secondary students in Years 7 to 12. The school offers programs in Visual Arts (Gifted and Talented) and Elite Tennis (Specialist Program) plus Academic Extension programs. The Academic Extension Program provides special classes for students who have been selected on the basis of their performance. Students in the program are offered a wide range of rich learning experiences and are required to complete more in-depth studies to develop high level skills and competencies to become independent learners.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Applecross Senior High School can be found by visiting www.applecross.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Toni Jones, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9314 9393 or emailing Toni.Jones@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to a maximum of three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 10 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.