Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS671777
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Do you have a strong attention to detail?
Yealering Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a hard working Cleaner – Working Alone to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will be a motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace and to ensure school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department procedures. It is expected that the Cleaner – Working Alone will be able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and have knowledge of Department of Education Cleaning Policies and Procedures.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and efficient Cleaner to join our school staff. Individuals who can provide and maintain a clean, safe and welcoming environment throughout the school. The successful applicant will be required to be punctual, reliable and organised, with an attention to detail. We are looking for people who are self-motivated and can use initiative and work efficiently unsupervised.
Yealering PS is an inspiring rural school nestled between three larger centres, Corrigin, Narrogin and Pingelly in the heart of the Upper Great Southern Wheatbelt. There is a great community spirit that lies within that is the heart of the school. Innovative, integrated projects and education are a feature of the school's curriculum. The students are focussed; behaviour is exemplary and academic standards high. Community involvement in the school is high with parents and community members giving their time to be involved in educational programs, sporting events, camps, fundraising events and environmental projects.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Yealering Primary School please visit Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Lisa Nelson, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Yealering, by telephoning (08) 9888 7201 or emailing Lisa.Nelson@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 26 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.