Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS673270
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Carnarvon Community College (CC) is looking to appoint a reliable Cleaner to join their friendly cleaning team.
As a cleaner you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of veranda’s and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
The successful applicant should be an individual who is able to work under minimal supervision and works effectively as a team member, exhibiting professional conduct at all times.
Carnarvon CC is proud to be a public Kindergarten to Year 12 school, servicing the entire town of Carnarvon. In mid-2019 we amalgamated as a single site school and opened our new state of the art facilities, ushering in a new era of education in Carnarvon where we will strive to produce the best possible academic outcomes.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carnarvon Community College can be found by visiting www.carnarvoncc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Joan Andrews, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Carnarvon, by telephoning (08) 9941 6000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 March 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED