Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS673133
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Coolbinia Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated, experienced and reliable Gardener – Handyperson to join their support staff.
The successful applicant will maintain the school to the high standard to which it has been kept. In addition to maintaining and presenting the school grounds and gardens in a clean and tidy condition, you will provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. You will maintain tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition, and perform minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines. The successful applicant will also perform tasks and duties using safe work practices, and maintain accurate gardening records.
As a vibrant Independent Public School, Coolbinia PS is located in the northern suburbs of Perth. The school is approximately 6km from the CBD, and has approximately 420 students. The community comprises a diverse range of ethnic, cultural and language backgrounds and is characterised by an engaged and supportive parent community.
‘Inspiring Growth’ is a school focus. The staff at Coolbinia PS aim to inspire student growth in the academic, physical, artistic and social domains.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Coolbinia Primary School can be found by visiting www.coolbiniaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
Please contact Chris Rowett, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9427 8450 or emailing Chris.Rowett@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in maintaining school grounds. Include the:
- steps you took
- chemicals or equipment used
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception located at 104 Bradford Street, Perth WA 6050, before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 March 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED