Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH666098
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021.
Gibbs Street Primary School (PS) is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and passionate Upper Primary Teacher to join our team.
As the successful applicant, you will be a motivated educator with an excellent understanding of the curriculum requirements for this role and an ability to provide a broad range of engaging experiences for all students. You will be highly motivated and committed to creating an effective, engaging and inclusive learning environment; based on high accountability and expectations to ensure all children are achieving their maximum potential.
What makes Gibbs Street Primary School different?
- Our strong focus on each child - every child, every opportunity, every day.
- Monitoring the progress of every child and target teaching to ensure high outcomes for students.
- Whole school approaches and resources that support explicit teaching practice.
- Quality learning programs from Kindergarten to Year 6, including Letters and Sounds, Words Their Way, Talk for Writing and Prime Maths.
- An emphasis on professional learning for teachers supported by a commitment to engaging positively with classroom observation and feedback.
- Strong Professional Learning Teams that focus on year level curriculum and outcomes.
We are located in East Cannington, a south eastern suburb 13 kilometres from Perth with approximately 550 students from diverse cultural backgrounds, from Kindergarten to Year 6. We are well resourced and have numerous additional programs to support the needs of all students.
Our focus is on raising the standard in the school, academically, socially and behaviourally. Our strategy is built around success for all students, high quality teachers, consistent classroom management across the school and providing the right conditions for learning to ensure we are a place where all children feel they belong.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gibbs Street Primary School can be found by visiting www.gibbsstps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information
Please contact Julie Fendrich, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9458 6899 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 09 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.