Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP658543
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Glengarry Primary School (PS) are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Associate Principal to join their friendly team.
This position will have a broad range of responsibilities including: building the capacity of individual staff and supporting the leadership development of curriculum and phase of schooling team leaders. The successful applicant will also have responsibilities with: early childhood education (including NQS), curriculum leadership (numeracy & physical education), the case management of Students at Educational Risk (SAER) students, student services (including special needs and medical requirements), classroom management and sustaining effective communication and relationships with the wider school (including external agencies) community.
In collaboration with the Principal and members of the administrative team, the Associate Principal provides educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision, and encouraging school staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals.
Glengarry PS is an attractive school located in the suburb of Duncraig, approximately 15 kilometres north of Perth City. The well-kept buildings, featuring student made mosaic masterpieces are surrounded by tranquil, natural bushland, flowerbeds and well maintained grassed and bitumen play areas.
The supportive, dedicated and experienced staff works collaboratively to enhance each of the over 400 student's physical, social, academic and emotional development. Assisted by continuing professional development, the staff is working to prepare students for the many demands and rapid change of the 21st century. The school is well resourced, especially in the area of technology.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Glengarry Primary School can be found by visiting www.glengarry.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Peter Meston, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9378 5678 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.