Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS673097
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Cascade Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Gardener - Handyperson to join their friendly team.
The Gardener - Handyperson will work as part of a team providing gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. You will be responsible for maintaining the presentation of the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as required, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Cascade PS is located 100 kilometres North West of Esperance set amongst beautiful Gum and Mallee bushland. The climate throughout the year is mild to moderate and generally comfortable.
No fuel or shopping facilities are available within the Cascade town site, however, a community operated Recreation Centre with updated kitchen and recreation facilities provides for various social and sporting opportunities. The closest town is 50 km South to Munglinup.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Cascade Primary School please visit www.cascade.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Merrill Ridgley, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cascade, by telephoning (08) 9079 2061 or emailing Merrill.Ridgley@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception, located at Lot 50 Asha Court, Cascade WA 6450, before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED