Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS671478
This is a permanent part-time (0.54 FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Mount Helena Primary School is seeking an enthusiastic and committed School Officer to join our dedicated team.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. The successful applicant will have a friendly, positive, caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
It is highly desirable that the successful applicant possess sound financial skills, an attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines and work well both within a team environment and independently. You will model effective and quality customer service and administrative support and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
As the School Officer you will be responsible for completing administrative duties, which require skills using accounting software, word processing and data software packages and experience working within the Department of Educations’ procedures and processes is highly desirable. You should ideally have knowledge and understanding of the recording and maintenance of a school’s physical assets and resources and previous experience using RM Billing, RM Finance, Integris, and HRMIS will be highly regarded.
Mount Helena Primary School can be found in the eastern reaches of the Darling Ranges. Surrounded by native forest, the school provides an opportunity for students to engage in a rich curriculum. The school provides a positive and friendly learning environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mount Helena Primary School can be found by visiting the school website www.mounthelenaps.wa.edu.au and Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Nikki McDonald, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 9573 0000 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A covering letter of up to five (5) pages demonstrating your capacity to address the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within
- six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.