Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS670540
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Woodvale Secondary College (SC) is seeking a proactive and versatile School Officer to join our dedicated and friendly administration team.
We are seeking applicants who possess strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, with excellent customer service focus, which will be used to promote the school's brand when engaging with parents and caregivers during the enrolment process. Applicants will ideally be self-motivated and able to demonstrate their ability to use their initiative, produce work of a high standard and importantly, work collaboratively and calmly in a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to readily adapt to conflicting timelines and schedules and show a willingness to assist colleagues during busy periods.
The successful applicant will be responsible for completing administrative duties, which include providing support to the Principal, Vice Principal and the Operations Coordinator. This support will include timetable maintenance, class lists, excursions, Reporting to Parents (RTP), Student Information Records System (SIRS), National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN), minute taking, exam printing, correspondence, general and specialist program enrolment procedures and maintaining the filing system. The ideal candidate will be friendly and possess a calm approach to all situations. You will also be knowledgeable and efficient in good customer service practices, displaying empathy, respect for others, a capacity to follow instructions and above all possess a capacity to maintain strict confidentiality. The successful applicant will ideally have excellent attention to detail and be well organised, with the ability to prioritise tasks and duties to ensure deadlines are met. We are seeking an individual who possesses the ability work collaboratively with colleagues and all executive team members, as well as a capacity to work autonomously. Strong knowledge and practical experience using (SIS), RM Administration Manager including timetabling, RM Finance, RM Billing, RTP, SIRS, Connect and Consent2Go would be advantageous.
Woodvale SC goal is to pursue excellence based on reflective use of student data, strong community links and whole College focus on teaching and learning. Our College vision and values are reflected in our commitment to working together with our College community to provide an innovative and caring learning environment where each student is given the opportunity to develop academic rigour and to achieve personal excellence.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Woodvale Secondary College can be found by visiting www.woodvale.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Amy Stevenson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 9309 0808 or emailing Amy.Stevenson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.