Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS661814
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Woodvale Secondary College is looking to appoint a highly motivated and conscientious Cleaner to join their team.
As a Cleaner you will be responsible for internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties. During vacation times, you will also undertake the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, maintenance of gymnasium floors, and other such duties as required. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a capacity to work well with others in an inclusive team environment and follow instructions and direction from the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Woodvale Secondary College's goal is to pursue excellence based on reflective use of student data, strong community links and whole College focus on teaching and learning. Our College vision and values are reflected in our commitment to working together with our College community to provide an innovative and caring learning environment where each student is given the opportunity to develop academic rigour and to achieve personal excellence.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Woodvale Secondary College can be found by visiting www.woodvale.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
Please contact Karen Nicholls, Business Support Officer, by telephoning (08) 9309 0808 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 2 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.