Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS654455
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Are you hardwired by nature and ready to put your communication skills to the test?
Dianella Secondary College Education Support Centre (SCESC) is seeking to appoint a committed and motivated Network Support Officer to join their Information Technology (IT) team.
The role of the Network Support Officer will require you to develop and maintain Information Technology (IT) systems and equipment, including developing solutions to identified problems. You will assist with the installation, troubleshooting and upgrading of IT systems and maintain records of IT assets and resources in accordance with the school’s needs and Department of Education policies and guidelines. A thorough understanding of Windows Server, Windows 10 and MacOS, and application suites Office 365 and Adobe Cloud will be highly regarded. In addition to these duties, you may also be required to provide training, advice and support to staff and students on these applications.
The successful applicant will ideally possess excellent communication skills and the adaptability to work in a school setting, and liaise with the Department of Education ICT Customer Service Centre. Also, you should be highly motivated, flexible, reliable, committed to personal and professional growth and will embrace opportunities for collaboration within the school. You will be required to provide timely, ‘hands-on' support for all staff and students; including IT support in the classroom for teachers/students, as needed. Initiative will be required to carry out pre-emptive maintenance, foreplan for upgrades, and solve technical issues in a timely manner.
Dianella Secondary College Education Support Centre is a diverse multicultural secondary school that caters for students with disabilities from Year 7 to Year 13. We are located on the same site as Dianella Secondary College and Dianella College Primary School. Together, we have developed a positive relationship focused on supporting students and families.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge of network systems and platforms relevant to the operating environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills relevant to the operational maintenance of Information Technology networks.
- Organisational skills, including the ability to plan and implement data security procedures.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Practical experience in developing and implementing user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dianella Secondary College Education Support Centre can be found by visiting www.dianellascesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Natasha Hawkins, Principal by telephoning (08) 9345 9272 or emailing Natasha.Hawkins@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.