Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS659296
Kalamunda Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
The responsibilities of this role include carrying out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner in Charge.
Kalamunda PS is a vibrant and dynamic school with excellent facilities and staff, catering for a bustling hills community made up of varied backgrounds and cultures. Our site is proudly shared with Kalamunda Primary School Education Support Centre and the Kalamunda Dental Therapy Centre. With Kalamunda town centre and Kalamunda Senior High School both within a few minutes’ walk our location ensures we are a true 'hub' of our community. With our school motto 'Strive to Excel' and a firm belief in community we have consistently turned out top graduates who have gone on to become very successful in their chosen fields. Many staff can trace their roots back to their early days at Kalamunda PS and many live their lives with their families as integral members of our school community. There is strong collegiality amongst staff who can be characterised as energetic and firmly committed to the school and its students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Kalamunda Primary School please visit www.kalamundaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Fiona Harkness, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9257 4700 or emailing Fiona.Harkness@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.