Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS634468
This is a three (3) month fixed term, part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Do you have a green thumb? Then read on!
South Newman Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Gardener - Handyperson to join their school.
The successful applicant will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in a clean and tidy condition and provides a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The gardener maintains tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition and provides advice and support to the Manager Corporate Services on school grounds maintenance. In addition the successful applicant ensures that formal and informal sports areas are marked as required and performs minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
At South Newman PS staff, students and parents strive to create an engaging and welcoming school community. An Independent Public School located in the heart of the Pilbara region of Western Australia; we cater for an ever changing student population, reflective of the town's mining industry. We provide a quality education for students from over 20 nationalities, many of whom enrol at our school with English as their second language.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about South Newman Primary School please visit www.snps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Daneil Smith, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Newman, by telephoning (08) 9175 1061 or emailing Daneil.Smith@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
- A cover letter/statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A comprehensive CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two  work related referees (one being your current line manager).
To submit your application, you will need:
- your completed application form, if you are not applying on JobsWA
- your CV
- your cover letter
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3.00pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED