Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP663412
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Leda Primary School (PS) are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Deputy Principal to join their friendly team.
To be successful in this role you will need to be motivated, hardworking, and a highly effective leader with outstanding interpersonal skills and proven skills in working within a collaborative team structure. Ideally the applicant will be committed to working in professional learning curriculum teams where there is a focus on collaboration, planned learning based on student results and continual rigorous school self- assessment and whole school improvement. You will build capacity in teachers data analysis skills.
In collaboration with the Principal and the executive team, the Deputy Principal will provide educational leadership in the school community by promoting the school’s vision, business plan and strategic directions. You will demonstrate leadership in the social and emotional wellbeing of both staff and students, be culturally responsive, have a restorative approach to managing student behaviour and have an understanding of students at educational risk.
As the Deputy Principal you will be required to have highly developed knowledge of current research and evidence-based practice to lead staff in delivery of effective pedagogy across the WA Curriculum. You will possess strong leadership skills in key priority curriculum areas of Science, Technologies, and Mathematics, particularly the Back to Front Maths program implemented across our school. You will provide professional learning, coaching and mentoring to build the capacity of teachers in these areas. You will also demonstrate excellent communication skills to provide staff with timely and appropriate feedback about their performance.
We are seeking a passionate educator, committed to making a difference in the lives of our students. The successful applicant will exhibit a clear understanding around the whole school improvement agenda with a focus on student achievement and progress.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Leda Primary School can be found by visiting https://www.ledaps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Sue Knight, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9414 2040 or emailing Sue.Knight@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 2 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.