Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS672506
This is an eight (8) month fixed term, part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021 with possible extension
Looking to turn a new page in your career?
Eastern Goldfields Education Support Centre is looking to appoint a dedicated Library Officer to join their team.
Our school caters for high school students with mild, moderate or severe intellectual disability and also for students with Autism who have exceptionally high educational needs. Students may also have other associated conditions.
As a Library Officer, you will be responsible for the provision of reference information and maintaining the resources, environment and associated services of the school library to support the learning outcomes of students. The Library officer also administers the library systems, such as Bookmark, ensuring library records are up-to-date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students and staff at all times.
The successful applicant will possess good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practises and good interpersonal skills with the ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment. Ideally, you will possess the ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing and experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Eastern Goldfields Education Support Centre has a long and rich developmental history in the Goldfields dating back to 1946 which has helped cement the acceptance and role of our school well within the local community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment;
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing; and
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Eastern Goldfields Education Support Centre can be found by visiting easterngoldfieldsesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Janekke Higgins, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 0000 or emailing Janekke.Higgins@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.