Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP666354
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE A CHANGE HAS OCCURED TO THIS VACANCY THE CLOSING DATE IS THURSDAY 4 MARCH 2021.
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Leda Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking a dynamic, compassionate, strategic and highly motivated Associate Principal to join our team. We are looking for suitable applicants who are passionate about Education Support and student achievement. You will need to have a deep understanding of the curriculum, curriculum delivery, student behaviour, PBS and the complexities this entails. You will need to build positive relationships with our students, parents, staff members and community. You will be an active mentor and instructional leader to all our staff.
In collaboration with the Principal and other members of the leadership team, the Associate Principal provides educational leadership in the school and the community by helping develop and promote the school values, ethos and priorities, and encouraging staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals.
Using effective change management strategies, they will assist the school community to accept and develop opportunities for improved service, in particular curriculum delivery and student services. The suitable applicants will demonstrate the provision and the flexibility of leadership across the entire school. A strong demonstrated experience in empowering staff to deliver effective curriculum and differentiation to all students is essential.
We are looking for a highly reflective Associate Principal with the capacity to lead in challenging situations. We are seeking leaders with well-developed emotional intelligence that can adapt to a fast paced, and rewarding work environment. We are looking for individuals that thrive working with students with complex needs and are inherently positive and solution-focused.
From the proven success of our innovative programs to the passionate engagement of our Teachers and Education Assistants who deliver highly gratifying educational and life skills to our students, Leda ESC is ‘Dynamic & Different’. Those two words would be a concise yet accurate description of the type of applicants we are seeking.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the personal attributes of highly effective school leaders. You will have outstanding communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills and be committed to achieving exceptional educational outcomes for all students. These skills will enable you to engage in effective and positive interactions to develop and maintain strong relationships with staff, students and the community.
Leda ESC is committed to providing a safe, inclusive learning environment where all students can achieve their potential. Leda ESC was opened in 1992. Our school population lives in the south western corridor filtering into Baldivis and Settlers Hills and outlying areas. Leda ESC caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 who have been diagnosed with an Intellectual Disability, Global Development Delay and/or Autism with a demonstrated high educational need.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Leda Education Support Centre can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Julayne Charlton, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9414 2080 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.