Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS672990
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021.
Burrendah Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their team.
We are seeking applicants with effective communication skills as you will be required to read cleaning product instructions. As the Cleaner you will carry out internal and external cleaning duties including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet/shower cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. The successful applicant will also carry out vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge. Ideally, you will have completed relevant on-line professional learning courses including Induction, Manual Handling and Hazardous Substances. Other professional learning attended would be desirable.
Burrendah PS is an Independent Public School, located in Willetton, caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our school reflects our aspiration to see our students achieve to the best of their ability, by providing a supportive learning environment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Burrendah Primary School please visit www.burrendahps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Tracey Walker, School Officer, by telephoning (08) 9266 6200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
1. A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
2. A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.