Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS666405
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021.
Bramfield Park Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic School Officer to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and positive front counter support for the school community. Ideally, you will be efficient, computer literate and able to transfer your Information Technology (IT) skills to our department-specific software. As the School Officer you would be expected to possess good communication skills and an ability to work independently as well as within a team.
We are looking for an open-minded individual, sensitive to the needs the community, who will in turn be rewarded with a caring and supportive working environment. You will be expected to possess skills in Integris, RM Billing, RM Finance, and Microsoft Office 365 in order to be able to handle enrolments, filing, record keeping, public relations and preparing our newsletter.
Bramfield Park PS is located in Maddington and caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. There is a strong focus on wellbeing at Bramfield Park PS with access to social and emotional curriculum, student services and local support agencies. We are proud of our friendly and supportive staff – we have a collaborative team environment, in brand new front offices.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- The ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bramfield Park Primary School can be found by vising www.bramfieldparkps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Valerie Trapp, Business Manager by telephoning (08) 9217 8600 or emailing Valerie.Trapp@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to four (3 - 5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.