Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP672999
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Karrinyup Primary School (PS) is seeking an experienced, innovative and motivated Deputy Principal to join their high performing team.
The successful applicant will establish, monitor, analyse and respond to data sources in order to lead targeted programs that address student needs. You will utilise a whole school approach to leadership and work in collaboration with various in-school teams, with a focus on Early Childhood. The ability to continue the implementation of Special Educational Needs (SEN), reporting of SAER and providing professional development and support to staff is key to this role. Our staff and leadership team work collaboratively together and with our parents and community members to continually develop and promote the school vision and implement new initiatives, to prepare students to become resilient, creative and independent life-long learners.
At Karrinyup PS you will need to be able to give feedback to staff on their performance, and support them to continually strive for excellence. In addition to this the successful applicant should have strong curriculum knowledge, with a strong focus on English, Maths, Technology and the ability to guide curriculum and pedagogical improvement. The school seeks to improve the educational outcomes of children aligning to the school’s Business Plan. You will work to achieve the school’s vision, targets and milestones.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to achieve successful outcomes, across all layers of a school community are seen as essential attributes. It would be highly desirable for the successful applicant to have strong organisational skills and recent experience with Student Services operations and effective behaviour management. At Karrinyup PS we value the whole child. We believe in the importance of addressing both academic needs and social well being of our students and working in partnership with parents and our wider community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Karrinyup Primary School can be found by visiting www.karrinyupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Grace Adam, Principal by telephoning 0455 620 079 or Grace.Adam@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 11 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.