Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS661453
This is a permanent part-time (0.4 FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Hampton Park Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and reliable Cleaner in Charge (CIC) to lead their team of cleaners. This position is for Thursday, Friday split shifts morning and afternoon, then afternoon shift only on Wednesday.
The CIC is responsible for the management of cleaning staff, including relief staff, purchasing, stocktake of cleaning resources, maintenance of cleaning equipment and undertake cleaning of allocated internal and external areas. You will have pride in your work as a member of the team keeping our school environment a clean and hygienic place for our students and staff to enjoy.
The successful applicant will organise and supervise our cleaning team and lock the school at the end of the day, including setting the security alarm system. They will provide on the job induction training for all new cleaning staff, conduct monthly cleaning inspections as well as record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communications book.
As a team leader the successful applicant will have good communication and interpersonal skills and be a conscientious, reliable worker, having knowledge of the cleaning processes and cleaning equipment.
Hampton Park PS has a rich history of being proactive and forward thinking in our application of programs that deliver improved academic, social and emotional outcomes for students. Dedicated and high quality teaching and support staff strive to achieve the best outcomes for students in an environment of strong collegiality and self-reflection. Together with strong leadership from the administration team, they provide the safe and secure environment that allows all students to flourish and realise their potential.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Hampton Park Primary School please visit https://www.hamptonparkps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Please contact Yvonne Arnott, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9276 3044 or emailing Yvonne.Arnott@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 11 March 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED