Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH667313
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Excelsior Primary School (PS) is seeking to employ a dedicated, dynamic and innovative Teacher - Early Childhood Education, to join our friendly team. We are an exciting professional learning community committed to excellence in teaching and learning to support personal growth (academic, creative, physical, social, emotional), active citizenship and lifelong learning for all.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic educator with an excellent understanding of the curriculum requirements of whole-school approaches to explicit instruction, literacy and numeracy for this role and an ability to provide a broad range of engaging learning experiences for all students. You will be highly motivated and committed to creating an enriched, supportive and inclusive learning environment, built upon a foundation of high accountability and expectations to ensure all students are achieving their maximum potential. You will ideally possess outstanding interpersonal skills and have the ability to build effective working relationships with students, staff and our school community. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with school leadership, other teachers, support staff and the wider community.
What can you expect as a highly valued member of our Excelsior Primary School team?
- We have a strong focus on the whole child, academic and socio-emotional.
- We monitor and track the progress of each student and have high expectations of our students and ourselves.
- We have whole school approaches and resources that support explicit teaching practice.
- We have quality learning programs for Early Childhood, including Heggerty Phonemic Awareness and Letters and Sounds.
- We place an emphasis upon professional learning for teachers, supported by a commitment to engaging positively with classroom observation and feedback.
- Our school culture is both inclusive and collaborative.
We are an Independent Public School located in Canning Vale. We provide all students from Kindergarten to Year 6 with an inclusive and supportive learning environment, where we continue to work towards improving the learning outcomes for all students. For everyone at our school, every child matters every day.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Excelsior Primary School can be found by visiting www.excelsiorps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information
Please contact Rebecca Stewart, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6258 9300 or emailing Rebecca.Stewart2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.