Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS664954
This is a permanent part-time 0.6 FTE position commencing Term 2, 2021
Shelley Primary School is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Education Assistant – Mainstream to join their School
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will assist in the delivery of planned education programs that will help in the development of young minds. In this role you will collaborate and work in a team environment, possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group programs, as well as have the ability to support general health and well-being of students.
The successful applicant will be organised and be able to use their initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment. We are seeking applicants who are team players and who have the ability to follow directions.
Step through the gates into picturesque Shelley Primary School and you immediately feel the sense of belonging, the sense of community. Our vision 'Inspiring a Passion for Learning' reflects the view the school community holds towards all facets of education here at Shelley Primary.
Our teachers know and understand their students, both individually and as a class. They work hard to build respectful, trusting relationships with our families, making our parents partners in their child's education.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Shelley PS can be found by visiting www.shelleyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Deb Pettit, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9235 1450 or emailing Deb.Pettit@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.