Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS673121
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Thornlie Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and reliable School Officer to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will maintain reception and general administration duties related to the daily operations of the school office. You will need to be highly organised and prioritise tasks effectively. We are seeking an individual with good verbal and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills and an ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Ideally, the successful applicant will be enthusiastic and provide great customer service. You should also possess excellent interpersonal skills as you will be the first point of call. You will provide accurate support and advice to parents, students, staff and community members through excellent communication skills.
Students at Thornlie Primary School are provided with a safe and highly engaging learning environment focused on developing their academic, social, behavioural and emotional potential. Experience in working with students, families and community members from ethnically diverse backgrounds would be desirable.
Our school has a number of programs in place to ensure the positive reinforcement of good behaviour in both the playground and classroom. Our Whole School Behaviour Management Program is designed to reward and reinforce good choices and positive behaviours. Children can earn merit certificates, become an Aussie of the Month, gain recognition in the school newsletter and attend reward events at the end of each term.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Thornlie Primary School can be found by visiting thornlieps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Lee Woodcock, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9232 3450 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.