Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS672213
This is a permanent part-time (0.25FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Bindoon Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and friendly cleaner to join our wonderful team.
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition to the above, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, and other general cleaning as required by the Cleaner in Charge. Having a sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices to ensure the facilities are kept to the highest standard of cleanliness and safety would be highly desirable.
Bindoon PS is located approximately 80 kilometres north of Perth CBD and is an Independent Public School, located in a rural setting on well-maintained grounds. We are very proud of our school environment. There are currently 127 students enrolled from Kindergarten to Year 6 at the school.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Bindoon Primary School please visit Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Dawn Kay, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9576 4500 or emailing Dawn.Kay@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
1. A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, and;
2. A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
3. A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Email your completed application form and documents to Dawn.Kay@education.wa.edu.au before the closing date and time
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 March 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED