Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS672709
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021.
Brookton District High School (DHS) is seeking an efficient and friendly School Officer to join our Independent Public School. To be successful in this role you will be committed to maximising our students’ potential and providing a relevant and engaging learning experience.
At Brookton DHS our purpose is to empower your child to develop the skills, knowledge and attributes to become resilient, considerate individuals who make positive contributions to the society in which they live.
As the School Officer, you will be responsible for completing a wide range of administrative duties, which require a detailed knowledge of word processing and data software packages. In addition, the school officer undertakes administrative support duties, reception duties and assists with student related activities such as preparing newsletters, correspondence, enrolments and student attendance records. Other responsibilities will include meeting and greeting students and visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information in an efficient and friendly manner.
Situated in the heart of the Avon Valley, we have been serving our community since 1903. Our appeal as a school rests in our strong sense of community, the values we celebrate and the commitment to realising the potential of all students in our care.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Brookton District High School can be found by visiting www.brooktondhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Darren Simpson, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Brookton, by telephoning (08) 9642 1011 or emailing Darren.Simpson@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within
- six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.