Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE670197
This is a ten (10) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension
The Projects and Initiatives Branch is seeking to appoint a well organised individual to join their team as Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant will provide clerical and administrative support including basic research. The successful applicant will prepare, process, record and deliver incoming and outgoing correspondence as well as draft responses and prepare basic reports to support the Team.
The successful applicant will be able to deal with multiple demands, possess good organisational skills and have a flexible approach and positive outlook. A key role will include assisting with travel arrangements, preparing travel documents and booking flights and accommodation.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in clerical and general administrative duties.
- Experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, word processing and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Sound organisational skills, including the ability to use initiative and work independently or as part of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Mark Prindiville, Manager by telephoning (08) 9264 8162 or emailing Mark.Prindiville@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED