Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS673421
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.63FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Kapinara Primary School (PS) is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Cleaner-in-Charge, who is able to lead other cleaners to establish and maintain a high standard of cleaning within the School.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to be an effective team leader, whilst being responsible for organising and supervising other school cleaners, including arranging relief staff, job inductions for new staff, and liaising with the relevant line manager on cleaning matters.
To be successful in this role you will be reliable, honest, organised, punctual and possess the ability to work well, both individually and as part of a team. You will undertake cleaning of allocated internal and external areas, conduct regular cleaning inspections with your line manager, and record/respond to issues and concerns raised in the school’s cleaning communication book. We offer a happy and safe work environment and are looking for someone who takes pride in their work.
Located in the beachside suburb of City Beach, a fifteen minute drive from Perth city, Kapinara Primary School first opened in 1967. We cater for students from Kindergarten to Year 6.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Kapinara Primary School please visit http://kapinaraps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Linda Wayman, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9237 7450 or emailing Linda.Wayman@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.