Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS672460
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Kelmscott Primary School (PS) is seeking a motivated and organised Cleaner in Charge to join our friendly team. To be successful in this role you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and show a willingness to contribute and be part of a positive team environment.
As the Cleaner in Charge you will be responsible for opening and closing the school, including setting the security alarm system, carrying out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, dusting, rubbish removal and general cleaning. You will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and removal of cobwebs. You will be required to complete vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, shampooing of carpets and pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas.
Additionally, the suitable applicant will organise and supervise cleaning staff and oversee the cleaner’s time-book, report absences, arrange relief staff and ensure leave and allowance forms are completed correctly. You will be responsible for the ordering and stocktake of cleaning products and regular maintenance of cleaning equipment. You will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters and provide on the job induction training for new cleaning staff.
The school has a strong presence in the community; having a long history as one of the first schools to be established in the suburbs of Perth. At Kelmscott PS, we strive to create an engaging and welcoming school community with an enrolment of 320 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. There is a strong family and community focus within the school with all staff and students encouraged to follow the Moral Compass with its values of Respect, Responsibility, Safety and Pride.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Kelmscott Primary School please visit www.kelmscottprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sharon Saville, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9496 9300 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- In no more than three (3) pages, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Submit an online application using a school computer.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.