Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP666112
This is a permanent, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021
Cooinda Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a Deputy Principal who is a highly effective instructional leader with outstanding interpersonal skills. They will be ready to build upon their proven skills and abilities to take them to the next level.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, hardworking and committed professional who can work closely as a member of the Executive Leadership Team. They will understand what it takes to see vision, planning and programs implemented with highly successful outcomes.
Ideally, the successful applicant will use their high level knowledge and experience as an instructional leader to ensure that the school’s teaching and learning strategy will continue to develop the instructional capacity of its teaching staff. You should possess the experience to oversee the effective alignment of a sophisticated performance and development process with a high level classroom observation and feedback program that supports teaching staff to reflect on their own teaching practice with a view to continued growth.
At Cooinda PS children proudly learn in a safe and happy environment. They are all seen as individuals and coming together they form a community that represents the varied backgrounds that make Australia such a wonderful multicultural place to live. This cultural diversity continues to be a distinctive attribute in our community, enhancing the development of our staff and students as whole people.
Cooinda PS is well respected within the broader East Bunbury community. There is an embedded perception that it is welcoming, open to all and safe. It has become well known for the support it provides to students from diverse backgrounds and with particular educational needs. Cooinda PS hosts the only regional Specialised Learning Program for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and partners with the Eaton Community College to provide a supportive pathway for the students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cooinda Primary School can be found by visiting www.cooinda.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Shirley Fletcher, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9724 3000 or emailing Anne.Fletcher@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact Shirley Fletcher, Principal, on 0408 954 792.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.