Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS664128
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Koorana Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking to appoint a School Officer to join their dedicated team. As the first point of call for visitors, the successful applicant will have a friendly and welcoming personality, and will act as an advocate in promoting the positive culture of our school to the wider community.
As the School Officer you will be responsible for completing administrative duties, which require skills using word processing and data software packages. In this role you would provide assistance to the administrative team performing varied office related tasks as required which may include data entry, filing, laminating, shredding, and reception duties such as, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. Knowledge and experience working in a school environment, and familiarity with the use of software such as Integris, MGM Outreach, HRMIS and RM Finance is preferred. There is the scope for on the job training for the successful applicant. Working knowledge and experience in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software is required.
The school is situated in Warnbro in the City of Rockingham, approximately 55 kilometres from Perth and caters for students with special educational needs and disabilities from Kindergarten to Year 6. Koorana ESC is co-located within Koorana Primary School.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Koorana Education Support Centre can be found by visiting www.kooranaesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Melissa Sarich, Principal by telephoning 9523 7999 or emailing Melissa.Sarich@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six (6) months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 10 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.