Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS662790
Little Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic Education Assistants – Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 and up to the end of Term 1, 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be able to work in a collaborative/ team environment to aid teachers in the delivery of planned education programs and assist with the care and well-being of students. To be successful in this role you will be organised and diligent to effectively maintain equipment and resources for use in classes and ensure a safe, tidy learning environment is maintained.
Little Grove PS commenced operations in 1997. We are a proud Independent Public School with a small town feel located within the big rural city of Albany, Western Australia. Our proximity to both the pristine Princess Royal Harbour and surrounding bushland make our school a very attractive place to learn and one that provides endless opportunities for its students to experience variety and success. This is achieved through the diversity of our programs, the enthusiasm of our staff and the support of our wider school community. Our excellent reputation rests in our strong sense of partnership with the parents and community, the values we celebrate, our commitment to realising the potential of all students, and the provision of a balanced education that addresses the academic, social, emotional and physical aspects of our students' lives.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Little Grove Primary School can be found by visiting www.littlegroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Darryn Martin, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Little Grove, by telephoning (08) 9845 9900 or emailing Darryn.Martin@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.