Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS658950
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021 with possible twelve (12) month extension and/or permanency.
Little Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking a Technical Support Officer to join their friendly and effective team.
The Technical Support Officer will maintain and improve school Information Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure, both cabled and WiFi, including computers, iPads and MDM, Interactive Whiteboards and servers not supported by the Department. They will also deal with ICT issues such as access to printers, updates to software, NAPLAN online processes and Department of Education system updates. They would need to test and evaluate software for use in classroom applications. This position has become a very important role at our school. This support and advice provided to staff is greatly needed and appreciated.
The successful applicant will be able to work independently with minimal supervision. They will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to engage with all staff and students, as well as possess a good understanding of ICT.
Little Grove PS commenced operations in 1997. We are a proud Independent Public School with a small town feel located within the big rural city of Albany, Western Australia. Our proximity to both the pristine Princess Royal Harbour and surrounding bushland make our school a very attractive place to learn and one that provides endless opportunities for its students to experience variety and success. This is achieved through the diversity of our programs, the enthusiasm of our staff and the support of our wider school community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels.
- Conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to information technology problems.
- Ability to install and maintain network systems incorporating the Internet and Electronic Mail.
- Organisational skills to develop effective administrative practices and the initiative to work with minimum supervision
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Special STEM Program: Little Grove Primary School has run a very successful and unique program integrating the STEM curriculum, and we hope to continue this program for the rest of this year with a possibility of continuing in future years - funding permitting.
The Technical Support Officer will consult with and support classroom teachers whilst they deliver their Technology lessons, ensuring the hardware, software and other resources that are needed in each lesson is functioning as expected during the lessons. The school also runs a very popular Maker Space STEM club one day per week after school, where the successful applicant will help students design and develop various projects using the schools vast Digital Literacy Library including various robotics, 3D printers, Electronic Kits, Little Bits and Lego – to name a few resources.
Further information about Little Grove Primary School can be found by visiting https://www.littlegroveps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Darryn Martin, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Albany, by telephoning (08) 9845 9900 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- Up to Three (3) pages statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to Five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.