Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP660777
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Hilton Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated individual with strong interpersonal skills to join their leadership team, in the role of Deputy Principal.
As a member of the leadership team, the Deputy Principal will focus on enhancing and supporting evidence-based, data-informed high quality teaching K-6. The successful applicant will ideally have extensive knowledge of the Western Australian Curriculum and experience implementing whole school change through effective instructional leadership. The Deputy Principal will support a balance of explicit teaching and play-based learning in early childhood classes and lead contemporary pedagogy through phases-of-learning to whole school practice. The Deputy Principal will value and promote distributed leadership across learning areas.
Hilton PS is part of a strong, supportive community. Our population is diverse with significant representation of Noongar families as well as families with French, German and other language backgrounds. We are currently experiencing school growth, particularly in early childhood classes.
The Deputy Principal will focus on instructional leadership in 2021, particularly the continuation of the explicit teaching of literacy. The Deputy Principal will work closely with the Learning Support Coordinator and our PBS (Positive Behaviour Support) team. Strengths in early childhood as well as literacy & numeracy leadership, will be well regarded. At Hilton PS, we highly value collaborative planning between teachers as well as positive partnerships with our Education Assistants.
As per our School Vision and Values, we are committed to:
As a member of the Hilton PS leadership team, the Deputy Principal will contribute to the development of our Strategic Plan 2021-2023.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hilton PS can be found by visiting www.hiltonps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Carmel Bochenek, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6458 7900, 0437 292 130 or by emailing Carmel.Bochenek@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement up to four (4) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.