Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP667519
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Ellen Stirling Primary School (PS) is seeking an innovative Associate Principal who will be an active member of the school’s Leadership Team. In conjunction with the Leadership Team, the successful applicant will be responsible for developing and delivering the Literacy and Numeracy Operational Plans that fulfil the Strategic Vision of the school as detailed in the Ellen Stirling PS 2021-23 Business Plan and beyond.
It is highly advantageous for the successful applicant to possess a deep knowledge of the Explicit Direct Instruction pedagogy and provision of expert coaching of staff in high impact teaching approaches from K-6. The school uses; Spelling Mastery, Reading Mastery, Let’s Decode, and Strategies To Achieve Reading Success (STARS) and Comprehensive Assessment of Reading Strategies (CARS) as one reading strategy. Previous experience with rigorous data analysis, of whole school data, to drive planning and student outcomes is highly desirable. The applicant should demonstrate their belief that student feedback is an imperative part of improving student outcomes.
The successful applicant will work as a part of a close-knit Administration team who aim to focus on line managing one phase of learning each, encompassing but not limited to; behaviour management, student services, data analysis and teacher mentorship which includes classroom observation and feedback to Teachers and Education Assistants. It would be favourable if the successful applicant could demonstrate a good understanding of and experience with Early Years Learning Framework (ELYF), On Entry assessment, National Quality Standards (NQS), Ability Based Learning Education Western Australia (ABLEWA), and Special Educational Needs (SEN) planning.
The Associate Principal will oversee the management of complex and challenging behaviour with a focus on restorative practice. The ability to work with the Student Services Team to manage students with Special Needs and develop a strong relationship with the school community within a low socio-economic setting is imperative. The successful applicant will accommodate and reinforce the behaviour-shaping and pastoral care policies of the school that support the successful development of student self-esteem, self-management, resilience and social awareness through the ‘You Can Do It’ program. Knowledge and implementation of ‘Zones of Regulation’ strategies will also be a requirement.
Ellen Stirling PS is an Independent Public School located in Ellenbrook that currently caters for 760 students from Kindergarten through to Year Six. The school has a team of outstanding, high impact educators who are committed to the ongoing implementation, review and refinement of the agreed Explicit Direct Instruction delivery model.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ellen Stirling Primary School can be found by visiting www.ellenstirlingps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Dean Goldspink, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6497 4200 or emailing Dean.Goldspink@education.wa.edu.au . During the school holidays you can contact Dean on 0466 778 043.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 4 February 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.