Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS667667
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Esperance Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated, proactive Gardener — Handyperson to join our friendly team.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in a clean and tidy condition. The Gardener - Handyperson will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe, vibrant and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handypersons duties using safe work practices and in accordance with the Department's policies and guidelines.
Esperance PS is a distinctive school located 740km south-east of Perth on the picturesque south east coast of WA. Although Esperance Primary School commenced in 1894, a full replacement of the school buildings and grounds began in 2011. Students and staff commenced learning and teaching in the contemporary buildings mid-2013, with all other facilities and grounds completed in 2014.
Esperance PS is held in high regard by the local and wider community due to its achievements in student learning, quality teaching by the caring and professional staff and the shared beliefs with active and supportive families.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Esperance Primary School please visit www.esperanceps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Sharyn Dunn, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Esperance, by telephoning (08) 9076 3600 or emailing Sharyn.Dunn@education.wa.edu.au. During the school holidays you can contact Sharyn on 0466 778 043.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria (2 and 4) by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.