Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS665988
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Norseman District High School (DHS) is seeking an energetic Education Assistant – Mainstream to join their friendly team.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream, you will assist Kindergarten to Year 12 teachers in the delivery of planned education programs and assist with the general care and wellbeing of students. The successful applicant will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources, for use in classes, displays and demonstration, and assisting teachers with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
Norseman District High School is a Level 4 District High School catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 12. Our school is unique in that we have a population of children from interstate, other parts of WA and the 'Norseman Locals' creating an environment that is rich in diversity and opportunities to learn from each other. The traditional owners the Ngadju people have a broad understanding of the land, a passionate culture and are wonderful supporters of the school.
Our relative low student numbers allow our quality and passionate staff opportunities to individualise the curriculum to meet the children’s' needs. There is a wonderful balance of staff from beginning teachers to very experienced staff who very much value working collaboratively and put in a huge effort to deliver creative and inspirational lessons. The school boasts a strong ICT focus with iPads being used in all classes to develop 21st century learners. Our school bus is used frequently to offer a wide range of learning and sporting activities and opportunities for the children.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Norseman District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Janette Hindmarsh, by telephoning 0450 008 940 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten Students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent), in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 19 February 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.