Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP656869
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Rivergums Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and hardworking Deputy Principal to join their enthusiastic leadership team.
The Deputy Principal will work closely with the Principal and members of the administration team to provide strategic and innovative educational leadership in the school and community. The successful applicant will ideally be motivated, hardworking, and a highly effective leader with outstanding interpersonal skills and proven skills in working within a collaborative team structure, providing educational leadership in the school and the community by helping develop and promote the school values, ethos and priorities. It is highly desireable that the successful applicant has a high level of understanding of school operations, system data bases, curriculum leadership and ideally be able to demonstrate innovative and strategic employment of resources in a complex environment. The successful applicant will ideally be able to demonstrate that they can operate effectively within a focused and distributive leadership team environment and have versatility to take on areas under any of the Deputy Principals portfolios should it be deemed necessary by the Principal.
The Deputy Principal will assist the school community to accept and develop opportunities for improved service and lead staff in planning that is directed at improving outcomes for students. You will contribute to the development of the Business Plan through participative decision making, including assisting in developing policy and establishing and maintaining systems.
Rivergums PS opened in 2016 and offers positive and challenging learning programs that encourage all students to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and values to become successful,confident and creative individuals. The school is an Independent Public School for Kindergarten to Year 6 students. The community has helped shape the direction of the school and ensures that students' needs are a priority. Rivergums PS has modern, state of the art facilities and is located next to Baldivis Secondary College, giving students access to a seamless transition into secondary school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs); and
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rivergums Primary School can be found by visiting rivergumsps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Tracey Renton, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9523 7500 or emailing email@example.com. (During the school holidays only, please phone 0435 994 171)
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements [optional to select specific WRR], in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 February 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.